• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Circuit City Has Mac

Reaction score
Just got Sunday paper and saw Circuit City online is now carrying Mac computers. I was not aware they were going to carry them I had read Best Buy was to get them. So now you can use your discount coupons to help pay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Just got Sunday paper and saw Circuit City online is now carrying Mac computers. I was not aware they were going to carry them I had read Best Buy was to get them. So now you can use your discount coupons to help pay.

thanks for the tip.. I know compusa also has macs but usually they have very little knowledge about them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
This past spring, the Best Buys in Los Angeles had a pilot program for Apple computers (and Apple reps too). The Comp USA here in Dayton has an Apple rep (well, he wears a different uniform that the rest of the employees, and it seems like he might not be Comp USA staff). That's interesting--I'd like to know more about how Apple handles their reps in these 3rd party locations.

Of course, now that holidays are upon us, the extra staff at the Apple Store locations aren't necessarily the most knowledgeable either (gasp!). I talked to a few last week that were kinda clueless. And a few didn't own Macs. LOL Shouldn't that be a prerequisite or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
This past spring, the Best Buys in Los Angeles had a pilot program for Apple computers (and Apple reps too). The Comp USA here in Dayton has an Apple rep (well, he wears a different uniform that the rest of the employees, and it seems like he might not be Comp USA staff). That's interesting--I'd like to know more about how Apple handles their reps in these 3rd party locations.

Of course, now that holidays are upon us, the extra staff at the Apple Store locations aren't necessarily the most knowledgeable either (gasp!). I talked to a few last week that were kinda clueless. And a few didn't own Macs. LOL Shouldn't that be a prerequisite or something?

My father works at an apple store. unfortunately at his store ( i have no clue about other apple stores around the world) you need ZERO apple knowledge to get a job there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Two summers ago in the Kansas City area Best Buy did an Apple pilot program. It got pulled pretty quickly though. Also at the local Comp USA, there is a very knowledgeable Apple Rep (even though he was really arrogant.).

D

DV'sG4

All I have to say is, walk into the Apple store in SoHo.. arrogance sort of just slaps you in the face

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
There are usually one or two really arrogant sales people at my local Apple store. Seems kinda weird to me because everyone else is like a huge hippie.

Reaction score
I've been in my local apple store only three times and the sales reps were very nice, but not very knowledegable. The Comp USA by house has apple, but the people there don't know anything about them, therefore, they can't sell anything.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Up to a few months back our CompUSA had a very good Apple Rep. Very knowledgeable and friendly and helpfull. He got offered a better job in another city and left. Sad day when he left.

The night Tiger was released they had a big party at the store and I was able to help him a bit with the Demo of Tiger. One of the best apple salespeople I have ever met.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Well, not the ones in my neck of the woods. The closest place carrying Apples at all is 40 miles away, and the nearest Apple Store 180.

Reaction score
are they actually selling apple products in the stores now? or just online?
i noticed on their website a couple months ago that they were selling apple online but my store hasn't had anything yet i dont think.

Reaction score

Wait waht discount coupons??

i am just about to buy a mac, can u refer me to a place wher i can get circuitcity coupons?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - White - 2.0GHz C2D - 2GB RAM - 120GB HD
I tried to use a coupon when I bought my iPod at Best Buy and they said that Apple didnt allow discounts on their products. So I dont know if you will be able to use a coupon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.