• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Macbook fan

L

lg.lifesgood

I have just recently got the new Macbook... and i love it but ive heared that they can have serious issues with heat. My question is, my fan is rather loud... should i worry? i just came off of a computer that crashed after a year and would be crushed if that happened again!
thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Mac's fans are usually loud. Is it clicking or grinding? is it any louder now than it was when you first got it?

Your best bet is to drop it by and apple store and have them take a look at it. it will be under the one year warranty so it wont cost you anything to have them look at it.. tell them that it seems a bit loud and see what they say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.