Keyboard and track pad don't work on Boot Camp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
Hello. I have installed win xp on boot camp along with the mac driver cd and everything seemed to be working properly. It rebotted as it does but now the keyboard and and track pad does not work at all. I see that the apple keyboard support software was installed and is displayed in the tab bar but I am unable to use them.

It works if I attach an external USB mouse but nothing else. I have installled win xp twice now. The first time something happened so I started everything from scratch.

Also, I don't know if anyone has had this problem but when win xp rebots after setup there is a screen that pops up very breify that says that there has been an error. Then when win xp has loaded there is a window that appears and says:

"the system has recovered from a serious error"

This occured the 2 times that I downloaded xp.

Can anyone help me out with these issues. I am in need of using the opperating system for business very soon.

Thank you.

Dorian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I had the same issue - as soon as I installed the boot camp drivers everything stopped working.

I just skipped the cd and manually extracted & installed the drivers, but left out the keyboard & mouse drivers.

Works fine now - I never did find out what was causing the original issue.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz , 1GB RAM, 120 GB HD
Thanks for the reply. How did you extract the drivers and reinstall them?

Dorian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.