How to make .gif?

Reaction score
I know this is probably a noob question. But im at a complete confusion!

How can I take a few pics and make them into a .GIF??

I have the Imac g5 (non dou) uhh photoshop elements is what im guessing i would use???

Unless theres a site that i can do this at?? LMK thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
You could use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, or if you wanted to go the "free" route you can use Gimp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I know this is probably a noob question. But im at a complete confusion!

How can I take a few pics and make them into a .GIF??

I have the Imac g5 (non dou) uhh photoshop elements is what im guessing i would use???

Unless theres a site that i can do this at?? LMK thanks!!!

try ThumbsUp - 4.3

you can find it at www.versiontracker.com and its free..

the reviews look pretty good on it.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ill use photoshop elements since i have it. But what is the process of doing so? Like I have the pics I want, now how do I make them into a gif???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
You will find some info. here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
might I ask the reason for saving as gif? Unless it's for simple animations, there are better formats. Gif images have a limited colour palette (256 colours tops I believe) If it's photographic, go with jpg or png. Gif is only best for small, fairly simple animations and transparency.

If you just want to save something as a gif, Pulse-8's suggestion would be one of the easiest, and wouldn't require additional software. However, if you want the gif optimised for animation, Adobe Imageready could be the way to go. It may be bundled with Photoshop Elements. I know it's bundled with Photoshop, but I'm not certain if it also comes with Elements. If it does, you're in luck.

Now, if you want something with transparency (as the gif format offers you) then PNG is an alternative. It offers better transparency options, much better colours and reasonable file sizes for small images.

From photoshop (and photoshop elements) choose File>Save for web. Here you'll find all the options you'll need. Select the format and the options. It will give you a preview of the output file. Hit save, select file name and destination and you're done.

If you do want animation, that's slightly more advanced, and better left to Imageready.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Why don't you open them using Preview and save as....gif.
I believe the OP wants to take a group of pics and make an animated GIF from them. Preview won't do that, it will only make each singular image a GIF of its own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If that's the case, then all Punisher has to do is follow the link that novicew provided; there are applications linked on that site -- including a free one, GIFWorks-- that will allow him to create animated GIFs. There are step-by-step instructions on those sites as well.

Not sure what else he needs.

OP
T
Reaction score
I want to do somehting similar to this:

picture.GIF

But I want it to change quicker

Or like this

1434049749_s.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Imageready then. There may be some free apps out there, so try searching for gif animation at versiontracker.com or macupdate.com

If you have Imageready with your version of Photoshop Elements, it's pretty easy to do. Bring in all the images you want onto separate layers, an in the animation palette, you should be able to specify something like 'layers to frames'. Then, just select the duration of each photo in the layers palette.

Make sure you're exporting as a .gif (should be a tab to select export from the top of the window) Select the options you want and export. Best to save the file as a psd and export from that - you can always easily make changes that way ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
I dont think I have Imageready, or at least I dont know how to access it through photoshop elements, sorry for bein an idiot haha, but how would I go about checkin to see if i have it? thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
in elements, you can check in the toolbar. There may be a button down the bottom, which will come up with the message 'jump to imageready'. What that will do, is send any currently open photoshop doc to imageready.

Alternatively, you could hit apple+f in finder and search for imageready.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out, and it is way easy.. All you do is go to versiontracker.com and search for gifFUN, download. Drag ur pics into it, and set your options, and hit make gif, and your done! then save the gif animation on to ur hardrive and you have it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Aluminium 20'' Intel Core2
GIFfun :D well it got me started ,thank's .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.66 ghz
woo! ive been looking for answer to this for a while thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.