• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

battery problems

Reaction score
i dont really know whats going on but my macbook is currently connected to my power cord and my battery icon at the upper right hand corner of my screen is a battery with an x inside it. when i click on the icon, it says that no batteries are available, and when i remove the power cord from my macbook, the computer shuts down all together. has this ever happened to anyone else, whats goin on here??

Reaction score
It sounds like your battery isn't making contact with the computer. Make sure that it is inserted properly and completely. If this keeps happening after trying that, I would advise brining this to your local Apple Store for diagnostics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.