Cannot get Macbook Pro to install windows

A

Axanar

Hi Guys,

I just got my refurb'ed macbook pro this past week and have been trying to get boot camp to work. However, after I partition the disk, and it prompts me to insert a Windows XP install disc and "Start Installation". (A new retail windows XP home edition SP2), it restarts and then I get a black screen with:

"No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key"

Is there any way around this to get it installed? I was hoping to switch over to mac, but I wanted to be able to run my few windows programs as well ...

Even in Finder, it acts like it cannot read the disc very well, but it is a fresh out of the box factory disc.

Thank you for any advice

OP
A

Axanar

Well, got it to work. It was kind of odd, but I tried making a copy of the XP disk. Using the copy it worked fine. Very weird :)

One other question: After you create the partition, is there any way to increase the size of the partition if you need more space?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Well, got it to work. It was kind of odd, but I tried making a copy of the XP disk. Using the copy it worked fine. Very weird :)

One other question: After you create the partition, is there any way to increase the size of the partition if you need more space?

Thanks!

No it's a one shot deal on that. So you have to redo the whole butter-basted thing if you want it to be a different size!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.