switcher.. problem with firefox tabs

B

badbye

I just made the switch to a mac and having a hard time finding how things work on a mac.
I just got last week the iMac 20" and one of the first things I did was download firefox but now I can't customize it, for some reason the tabs are missing the x to close them and when I go to preferences and try to change say to a different skin i tell it to "use theme" but there is no "apply" button like in the PC, after I hit the "use theme" a close it but when I re-open it everything still the same.
It supposed to become effective as soon as I hit the "use theme" correct?

Thank you in advance for the help.

:bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Very weird. Can't say I have that much experience with FF, but on my Mac it works just fine, and themes are applied after a restart. About the closing button - sure you have version 2?

Ahh, if you want to close FF you have to either press Apple+Q or Right-click on the FF icon on the dock and tell it to quit. If you don't, Firefox will still be running, and the next time you click the dock-icon, it'll just continue as if it's never been closed.

If there's a small triangle under the dock icon, the program is still running. So if that doesn't go away, you haven't quit FF properly.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You have to be running 2.0 of Firefox and it will have the X to close the tab. The older version did not do that that I can remember.

OP
B

badbye

Big Thank you!!
It wasn't closing completely but after I did Apple+Q it close then I re-start it and the right theme is on and the x to close tabs is also there.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.