• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Vista Complete?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Yay!

Now I can go to Compusa in January and not buy it.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
As any early adpoter knows though (that was me for Win95, Win98, 98SE, ME and XP) this is really Beta Final...

SP1 is always the propper release.

[/sarcasm] :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
No version of Windows is ever complete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well well well after 5 years and taking out half of the interesting features they've finally gotten it out the door...

It does make you wonder what they were up to the whole time.

I think they went down a dead end or two along the way and lost a lot of time backpedaling.

Reaction score
As any early adpoter knows though (that was me for Win95, Win98, 98SE, ME and XP) this is really Beta Final...

SP1 is always the propper release.

[/sarcasm] :spook:

Actually thats a valid point. Many Sys Admins avoid putting a new windows product into production until after the first Service Pack ore at least the first major patch release.

Win2k3 is probably the only MS OS that I put into production within a month of it going RTM. 2k3 was pretty dang solid IMO. SP1 just made is more so. I haven't been using R2 yet, so I don't have an opinion.

BTW if you are going to shell out the money for Vista Ultimate, you should just buy an MSDN subscription. The retail price is $699 for OS subscription license, but you typically get 5 OS licenses. You'll also get Office licenses. However I should note that I haven't heard what MS plans to do with Vista in the MSDN kit. MS hasn't made it available on MSDN downloads yet (coming this week) I'll let you know as soon as I've checked it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
BTW if you are going to shell out the money for Vista Ultimate, you should just buy an MSDN subscription. The retail price is $699 for OS subscription license, but you typically get 5 OS licenses. You'll also get Office licenses. However I should note that I haven't heard what MS plans to do with Vista in the MSDN kit. MS hasn't made it available on MSDN downloads yet (coming this week) I'll let you know as soon as I've checked it out.

The Action Pack for Partners is also a great deal. $299 a year for pretty much all of their business products (server, office, XP, etc), but it comes in quarterly updates, so no Vista or Office 2007 until January, though they've included the betas for both already.

https://partner.microsoft.com/global/40009848

Has a listing of what is currently offered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I'll be getting Vista but my iMac is by far my primary PC and to be honest I think always will be. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
Yay!

Now I can go to Compusa in January and not buy it.

;)

NICE!!!!!!! That price tag is horrible for an OS that is sub par in my opinion!! Bring on Leopard!!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.