iSight Camera

Reaction score
I am new to this group. My daughter and I each have a Power PC G5 with O/S 10.4.8. She has been unable to get her internal iSight camera to work for either a video chat or photo booth. Each time she tries, she gets a message "camera in use by another application - close other application." (or something to that effect). She has closed every application in the dock with a black arrow, but still gets this message. What else should she try? She lives in rural New Mexico and has no local technician to ask.

F

Fallooza

I am new to this group. My daughter and I each have a Power PC G5 with O/S 10.4.8. She has been unable to get her internal iSight camera to work for either a video chat or photo booth. Each time she tries, she gets a message "camera in use by another application - close other application." (or something to that effect). She has closed every application in the dock with a black arrow, but still gets this message. What else should she try? She lives in rural New Mexico and has no local technician to ask.
see if she has a widget that is using the isight.

also if you didnt notice this thread is about "Forum Courtesy". i find it ironic you still chose this thread ta post a question about your isight. do yourself a favor and read the rest of the posts in this thread
-thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I take it you mean iMac G5 with the built in iSight camera and not Power PC which is usually a tower system.

I have never had an issue with mine but I sware someone here on Mac Forums had her issue. Try doing a search and see if it comes up. If not I will look around and try to find it. Mine has always worked perfectally.

Reaction score

As dtravis stated, your daughter could have on of two macs. This info relates to the iSight which connects via firewire cable.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93216

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Not related to Forum Courtesy thread.
Creating new thread and moving related posts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.