Newbie working with .dmg files

W

Whiskey Jack

Hello,

In the process of making backups of my OS 9, 10 cds. I have created .dmg files.

Now I am trying to put the .dmg files back on cd, (bootable). ( I have a external TDK 8x dvd burner with a G4 CUBE 450)

I have tried to convert them to a cdr.dmg files and then put them on cd, but it does not boot from them. Hmm.

I also have Toast 6 Titanium ( would this work better then disk copy??)

If I could put all my OS images on to a siingle dvd and have and option to choose which one to boot from that would be cool to. Though I expect one per CDR.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks,

WJ

P.S.

Windows admin for years :)))

Let me know if i am in the wrong forum.

OP
W

Whiskey Jack

.dmg files to cd/dvd

Hello,

In the process of making backups of my OS 9, 10 cds. I have created .dmg files.

Now I am trying to put the .dmg files back on cd, (bootable). ( I have a external TDK 8x dvd burner with a G4 CUBE 450)

I have tried to convert them to a cdr.dmg files and then put them on cd, but it does not boot from them. Hmm.

I also have Toast 6 Titanium ( would this work better then disk copy??)

If I could put all my OS images on to a siingle dvd and have and option to choose which one to boot from that would be cool to. Though I expect one per CDR.

Any input would be appreciated,

Thanks,

WJ

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Do Not Ever Double Thread! Ever!

OP
J

JGO

I am new also, so forgive any mistakes in this answer.

I managed to burn a dmg file that worked by using the disk utility.

If I recall correctly you start the disk utility, then select the image ... then on the menu (sorry don't remember which one, am at work on a widnows box) there is an option to burn image.

I know that is a bad description I can look it up once home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Alright, I merged these threads together... you seriously need to stop double threading. Its a pain in the ass.

----
ONE THREAD FOR ONE OF YOUR TOPICS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH
----

OP
W

Whiskey Jack

no problem. i didnt know if you dropped them all from this mornig. i just put a new one out there thinking all the rest were gone. sorry, thanks for the heads up.

wj

Graphite said:
Alright, I merged these threads together... you seriously need to stop double threading. Its a pain in the ass.

----
ONE THREAD FOR ONE OF YOUR TOPICS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH
----

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.