Help with podcast studio setup needed

H

HwayHzrd

I have my setup just about ready to go, but I am having trouble getting my microphone/mixer equipment to cooperate with Garageband however.

I have a a Heil microphone, Behrigner mixer, and am trying to use an ADS A/V link with firewire output to input audio into Garageband.

When I import audio into iMovie through the A/V adapter, I can record vocal audio, and it sounds great.

However, I cannot get any audio feed into Garageband, no matter what I have tried.

I thought that a firewire link could be used to feed audio into my computer, but I have had no success.

I have changed the settings in Garageband and in Preferences/Audio Midi Setup from internal microphone to external input to no avail.

Can anyone offer a solution or ideas for troubleshooting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I have my setup just about ready to go, but I am having trouble getting my microphone/mixer equipment to cooperate with Garageband however.

I have a a Heil microphone, Behrigner mixer, and am trying to use an ADS A/V link with firewire output to input audio into Garageband.

When I import audio into iMovie through the A/V adapter, I can record vocal audio, and it sounds great.

However, I cannot get any audio feed into Garageband, no matter what I have tried.

I thought that a firewire link could be used to feed audio into my computer, but I have had no success.

I have changed the settings in Garageband and in Preferences/Audio Midi Setup from internal microphone to external input to no avail.

Can anyone offer a solution or ideas for troubleshooting?

Not too sure what your issue is, but you can line the mixe right into the macs line-in or for less noise a imic will work nicely. Not as good as a M-audio pre, but will do the job nicely.

I could tell from a google search, but is A/V adaptor video only? How have you connected the mixer to the A/V adaptor?

daryl

OP
H

HwayHzrd

Thanks for the response.

The A/V adapter is for video and stereo audio input. The mixer is connected to the A/V adapter via RCA cables.

I am considering using a plug adapter to go from the mixer to the line-in jack should no better option arise, but had preferred going in via firewire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Thanks for the response.

The A/V adapter is for video and stereo audio input. The mixer is connected to the A/V adapter via RCA cables.

I am considering using a plug adapter to go from the mixer to the line-in jack should no better option arise, but had preferred going in via firewire.

Firewire would be very nice. I'll poke around but run over to Podcastpickle and post in the help thread. I would have thought that the A/V adapter should work just like an external sound card. And you can record sound in imove, not GB, odd.

in imovie do you use the exact set up?

And no insult intended, but, is the mixer pluged in, volume for the mic up and the line to the A/V adp coming out form "master out"?

daryl

OP
H

HwayHzrd

Oh yes, it is indeed on up and working, making it even more curious that I can use it with iMovie and not Garageband.

No changes to the setup in any way going from one application to the other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.