Adobe Illustrator Help Needed!

S

SazzleG

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can help - my adobe illustrator keeps crashing every time i load it it up.

The Message:

"The Application has unexpectedly quit" and i can submit a report which i have done loads of times now. Its every time i start to load it up, it looks like its loading them.. bam...and its gone.

I work on a Power Mac G5 (PowerPC) using Mac OS X Version 10.3.9 and it is Adobe Illustrator CS2 - installed through the Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing and opening it without any other applications are open but im totally stuck now.

Any help will be really appreciated!

Reaction score
hi, any luck solving your problem? My illustrator CS2 has started doing exactly the same thing :-(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try deleting prefs and the files com.adobe.mediabrowser.plist and com.illustrator.mediabrowser.plist

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried deleting the prefs yesterday and still had the problem. I finally discovered it was a dodgy font... I closed all my fonts down and started Illustrator and it loads fine.

OP
H

hiruc

hi everyone,
well... i have a similar problem with illustrator cs2, but it has nothing to do with fonts. the program starts normally, but when i try to use the pathfinder or open photoshop at the same time, it crashes.
i don't know if it's a memory issue... but i certainly hope it is not.
any suggestions?
thanks.

Reaction score
I used to have the same bother on windows - I don't know if it'll be of any use whatsoever as it's a completely different OS, but my problem was to do with the amount of fonts I had. Have you installed extra fonts? If so, could you delete some and it may fix it - as a poster said a few posts up, it was a dodgy font and you could be having the same problem?

Secondly, I managed to work out that bizarrely, having Adobe Photoshop on my machine managd to fix the problem.

I used to open Adobe Photoshop, then close it. I then opened Illustrator and it used to be work fine.

Completely bizarre..but worth a try anyway.

Good luck

OP
S

SazzleG

Thanks for posting your solution Macacomoco!

How do you know which Fonts are corupt? - i haven't put any new fonts on my comp other than the ones it came with could, this still be the problem?

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.