Thinking of Buying a Digital Camera...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
Ok, I am thinking of getting a digital camera for my birthday, but the problem is that I am afraid of getting a camera that is not compatible with my mac. I went to BizRate and looked for a camera with good megapixels and a low price. I found: The Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera. I was wondering if it was compatible with macs or if there were any problems with transferring the files from the camera to the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Jay Ray said:
Ok, I am thinking of getting a digital camera for my birthday, but the problem is that I am afraid of getting a camera that is not compatible with my mac. I went to BizRate and looked for a camera with good megapixels and a low price. I found: The Canon PowerShot A540 Digital Camera. I was wondering if it was compatible with macs or if there were any problems with transferring the files from the camera to the computer.

Virtually all modern cameras will be compatible with a modern mac, via USB 2.0 as any camera can be seen by OS X as an external USB drive. The only problem you may face with some cameras is if the RAW mode requires proprietary software to convert which is Windows only. If you either don't know what RAW is, or don't use it anyway, this will never be an issue. Most of the major brands do support Macs, especially with better quality cameras.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, since i dont know what RAW is, then I wont be bothered, and thanks for that information.

Reaction score
I have a Canon PowerShot A70 and the second I connected it to my iMac, it was recognised and iPhoto launched on it's own prompting me to go through the process of transferring images from camera to iMac. It was that easy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Check out www.dpreview.com for impartial and excellent reviews of just about every digicam out there. It is an invaluable resource.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, now I have a new camera, I realised in wanted one that was reachargeable (i didnt spell that right, did i) So I found the Canon - PowerShot SD700-IS Digital Camera, it seems pretty good.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yay, I officially ordered my digital camera! I go an DMC-FX01 Digital Camera. Thanks to dpreview.com (thanks mac57) And thanks to every one else!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.