VNC versus ?

D

datorres

I am a windows user who has recently purchased a mac and I must say I am impressed. In fact I have not used my pc in about 2 1/2 weeks. Anyway with my pc I always use TS(Remote Desktop) to connect to my pc at home. Well I tried the same with my mac(connect to the mac) via vnc and it is painfully slow. Do any of you have any suggestions?

OP
D

datorres

Thanks for the fast response.

On the server side I've been using OSXvnc and on the windows(client) Ive tried vncviewer and ultravnc

OP
D

datorres

Chicken of the vnc is a OSX client. I can't use it on windows box at work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
ASFAIK OSXvnc is the only vnc server for OSX. You might look into ARD (Apple Remote Desktop) although im not sure how helpful that is.

OP
D

datorres

IronMac said:
ASFAIK OSXvnc is the only vnc server for OSX. You might look into ARD (Apple Remote Desktop) although im not sure how helpful that is.

Actually just found out that i didn't even need OSXvnc. Just enable Apple remote desktop under Preferences/Sharing and set the permissions. Still doesn't beat Terminal Services.

thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.