Right click not working in Parallels

L

lm24

I have Parallel setup on my iMac running Windows XP. When Parallels was first installed, the right click function worked in XP, giving me the whole "Windows feel". Now when I right click, it doesn't do anything.

Any suggetions are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
I

ithacalaw

lm24 said:
I have Parallel setup on my iMac running Windows XP. When Parallels was first installed, the right click function worked in XP, giving me the whole "Windows feel". Now when I right click, it doesn't do anything.

Any suggetions are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Works for me with a regular mous in XP, but not with a Mac "Mighty mouse".

OP
G

Guardian

When you start parallels at the top there is a TAB called VM click on it and choose install vm tools. That should fix your problem

OP
L

lm24

I couldn't get the VM tools to install without having a dialog box appear that says "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features". I selected "No" because I didn't know what that meant.

I tried using an USB mouse from a PC and the right click works. Too bad it doesn't work with with my apple mouse. It looks kinda out of place and cheesey since it's not white. :( oh well....

Reaction score
lm24 said:
I couldn't get the VM tools to install without having a dialog box appear that says "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features". I selected "No" because I didn't know what that meant.

I tried using an USB mouse from a PC and the right click works. Too bad it doesn't work with with my apple mouse. It looks kinda out of place and cheesey since it's not white. :( oh well....

Sounds like VM Tools is already installed. You need to poke around in it's preferences.

Reaction score
I am noticing that the right click function on my wired mighty mouse is extremely finicky in general but especially parallels (maybe just because I need it more in parallels). I read another thread on M-F that talked about a hardware issue. It was also suggested to make sure your right finger on the left side was up before clicking the right side. That seems to have worked for me but it is still tempermental.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.