Keyboard problem

P

plumeria

I have been using an external keyboard with my Powerbook G4 (running 10.4.3) for a few years, and now it is acting really weird. At times, when I press letters on the keyboard, no type will appear and I'll get drop down menus instead. It has happened with a couple of applications - Entourage and Word.
Does this mean I should replace the keyboard, or might the problem be something else? If I do need to get a new keyboard, which model
would you recommend. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
plumeria said:
I It has happened with a couple of applications - Entourage and Word.
Does this mean I should replace the keyboard, or might the problem be something else? If I do need to get a new keyboard, which model
would you recommend. Thanks!
If it is only happening with those applications, then I would rule out a hardware issue.
Try repairing permissions first. If nothing, then try reinstalling the applications in question.

OP
P

plumeria

Those are the applications I have used most frequently, but I think it may have happened with others. How do I reset permissions? Could it be a hardware problem?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.