• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Virus found on some iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
well it won't affect my computers :p

at least apple put a lot of work into finding and correcting the problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Article said:
Joswiak said the virus does not affect Macs or the iPod itself
That is the only sentence of importance in the article as far as I am concerned.
:black:

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
D3v1L80Y said:
That is the only sentence of importance in the article as far as I am concerned.
:black:

haha exactly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i like this line:
"Apple said that there was no intentional placement of the virus on the iPods. "You can rest assured of that," he said."

there should be intentional placement of virus on ipods in order to torture windows users even more....they are already used to it!!! lol im kidding if you take me serious you are dumb

-chirs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
Is it just me or does it seem that Apple QC has been slipping in the last year? First all of the other "minor" issues (thermal paste, heat sinks, video drivers, case discoloration, etc), and now this.

We can all laugh at iPods spreading Windows viruses, but seeing as a majority of iPod users are PC users, I'd expect Apple (or its vendors) to take better care of it's customers. Basically, the computers used in that type of production environment should be totally isolated from the internet or any outside content-- there should have been no way at all for a virus to get on there.

And Apple's response was basically, sorry, windows sucks, we'll try not to let it happen again, here are some links to some anti-virus products. For a major corporation like Apple to basically wash their hands of it and blame someone else is not very encouraging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
well in 2006 if people dont have antivirus programs on there PC then t5hey deserve to get a virus. so if it did efffect their computers then i don't feel sorry for them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.