• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Univeristy Major Project - Help Needed Please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hey everyone,

So I have started my third & final year of Uni and am now faced with the task of my "major project" this project is worth 60% of my final degree so it’s a pretty big thing!

Only problem is I'm having a real "designers block" as to what to do!?!

I have narrowed it down to this:

- Something web-based
- Created using Flash/HTML/XHTML/PHP/MYSQL
- User based?

For those who don’t know I'm studying a BA(Hons) in Interactive Multimedia.

The brief set for the major project is pretty open and so we can basically choose whatever as long as it ticks the boxes in terms of technicality, work load, weather its going to be a challenge etc...

This may seem a simple thing to do - choose what you want to do. But because the industry I will be going into is very competitive I need to come up with something original and "out of the box" so to speak. This is a lot harder than it sounds!

I have looked everywhere for inspiration and so far have failed to come up with anything amazing.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys had any ideas/suggestions or comments to help me in any way? E.g. is there anything you would like to see on the web in terms of a service/application or site…

Regards,

Chris.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.