Drawing Tablet

Reaction score
I want to purchase a Wacomm drawing tablet. I was wondering if anyone has used one in photoshop or illustrator. How does it work when drawing paths?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Works well for me. I have a Wacom Graphire and it works beautifully.

Sometimes the tablet driver goes out of control on CPU cycles though and overheats my Powerbook. Just go into Activity Monitor and force quit it, if it does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have it also, use it in photoshop and shake, never actually draw paths. Works wonders rotoscoping int shake, which is very simular.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I've used mine for graphics and design for the past 5 years - without a single problem at all.

surfwax95: I've never had that happen 0_0 I've used my tablet (Graphire II I think) on a G3 iMac, G4 iBook, macbook and G5 tower. No problems at all. I don't think it's affected the temp of my macs - only the software (photoshop, illustrator etc.) would do that if I'm doing some intense graphic work with multiple apps open. I've never reached the point where it's overheated though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
No no no, it's never truly overheated and shutdown, it just gets much hotter than usual. Then when I take a look at Activity Monitor the CPU is at 95% with tabletdriver getting all of it. I guess I'll try reinstalling the driver and see if it stops...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.