• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Age of Empires II: Gold Edition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
Does anyone know if this game will ever be supported on Intel Based Mac's? I have the windows version, and its an amazing game, but I really want to be able to play it on my MacBook. Is it possible to get it running? If so, how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Verted said:
Does anyone know if this game will ever be supported on Intel Based Mac's? I have the windows version, and its an amazing game, but I really want to be able to play it on my MacBook. Is it possible to get it running? If so, how?
There is a Mac version of the game already. I got it years ago.

Reaction score
Yeah but the Mac Version will probably suck under RoseattaSchmoesetta. So you could install Windows using BootCamp and then play it without having to buy the game again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
yogi said:
Yeah but the Mac Version will probably suck under RoseattaSchmoesetta.
Probably not. That game was in no way graphics intense and as long as there is at least 512 MB of RAM it will run smoothly.

OP
Verted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Core Duo, White, 512mb RAM
Okay so how do I get it to run on my Intel based mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Verted said:
Okay so how do I get it to run on my Intel based mac?
Intel-Mac, schmintel-Mac... just install it. :black:
I think too many people are getting caught up in this, and thinking there is some grand and mythical difference between Intel and PPC based Macs. Those are only the processors.

What matters is the OS, not the CPU.

If it is made for Mac OS then it will run. On the off chance that it needs a PPC processor, then under Rosetta, it will run.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.