how do i host a podcast?

T

tomflix52

could someone give me a basic "idiots guide" to uploading a podcast to itunes? i cannot find an easy way to do it on the net and i searched the forum and also found nothing i could understand, i have it recorded and all but i cant figure out how to upload it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iTunes doesn't offer storage for your podcasts, they just offer a directory service for them.

So you'll need a webhost or some server space to host the files first, and then you can add them to iTunes' podcast directory.

Google around, there are a ton of free webhosts out there that offer you a limited amount of space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
To get a good start stop by www.podcast411.com. For hosting consider libsyn or if your just starting out and what a free option drop by www.podcastspot.com. This would let you dip your feet in and check it out without having to manage your own RSS feed. (if you get into it you do need to learn that to maintain some control)

podcastspot and libsyn handle just about everything for you you just have to worry about content and editing. If you want more info check out www.podcastpickle.com. Onec your up hit my page link in my sig and let me hear what you have going on.

Note: posted live from the Podcast Expo 2006

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
Do you have iWeb?

Reaction score
JeffreyLloyd, iWeb is a program for web-designers. With the help of this program you may build any site, even yourself (I mean homepage, for example). Am I right? If not please explain me what iWeb means.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard
That is true however you can also host podcasts with it. All you do is place your podcast in the appropriate page and click publish and it will send your podcast to iTunes and just like that your podcast will be online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually it will send your podcast to your 99$/year .mac storage add will only add it to iTunes' directoy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.