How big of a diffrence is there between 1.83GHZ and 2.0

C

ChrisBcreme

Im new to mac but thats what we use in my computer class. My teacher say that 2.33GHZ in mac is like 3.5 in windows talk. Is this true, if so, how much is 1.83GHZ and how much is 2GHZ.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I don't think you will notice a difference between 1.83ghz and 2ghz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 12" 1.5GHz
Well now that both Apples and Windows PCs use the same CPU architecture (x86-64), a 2.33GHz in a Mac is equivalent to a 2.33GHz in a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ChrisBcreme said:
Im new to mac but thats what we use in my computer class. My teacher say that 2.33GHZ in mac is like 3.5 in windows talk. Is this true, if so, how much is 1.83GHZ and how much is 2GHZ.
Not exactly true. Your teacher is probably thinking of the old "Pentium vs. PowerPC" bit. Mac and Windows simply cannot be fairly compared in that respect. In fact, there is no concrete or accurate way of measuring the two operating systems based on processor speed. Bottom line is they are just different.
SuB8HaVeN said:
Well now that both Apples and Windows PCs use the same CPU architecture (x86-64), a 2.33GHz in a Mac is equivalent to a 2.33GHz in a PC.
Again, not entirely true. Yes they are the same CPU... but just because the processors are the same now, doesn't mean that they process things in the same fashion. Some applications may seem "faster" on a Mac or "faster" in Windows. It all comes down to how the OS works that particular application. For that reason, you still really can't compare the two.

:black:

To get back to the original question though... no matter what OS you are using or what CPU it is, when there is less than 200 Mhz difference in processor speed the difference would be neglible and barely noticeable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.