Wireless Networking for PowerMac 4,2

L

liamwalk1971

Hi,

I am looking to set up a wireless connection for the above iMac. I have been told the device is only airport, and not airport extreme compatible. However, I don't think airport cards and base stations are readily available these days.

I am wondering if any wireless routers such as Linksys or Belkin with USB adapter cards are Mac compatible? I have a 1Mb cable broadband connection.

Would anyone be able to offer some advise/products that I could use to enable wireless computing for this legacy Mac device?

Many thanks

Liam

OP
T

Tigermac

:mac: Liam
Which computer do you actually have?
I suggest you check with an Apple dealer or the Apple web site. Apple's Airport Express & Extreme cards & Base stations are very available.

Col :D

OP
L

liamwalk1971

Hi,

The PowerMac G4 I have is not compatible with Airport extreme I've been told. I was looking for alternative solutions, as airport cards and base stations are have now been superceded by the extreme range of products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
AirPort is just Apple's fancy way of saying wireless.

AirPort = 802.11b
AirPort Extreme = 802.11g

If you really want to get the AirPort version, you can try resellers or eBay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.