video resolution reset itself!?

Reaction score
Turned the computer back on this morning and the resolution had reset itself to 800x600 from 1028x768. Kind of disappointing behavior.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Are you asking for some help? How about some info? What mac, what display, why 800x600, have you repaired permissions?

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Are you asking for some help? How about some info? What mac, what display, why 800x600, have you repaired permissions?

No havent touched that/those. It also changed the picture on my desktop. Not sure what else or why it would choose to do that. Weird, and disappointing behavior.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I am not sure whether it is possible any user intervention. May be you have reset one/more Apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well if you're not going to tell us what machine you're using, you're not likely going to receive any useful advice.

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Well if you're not going to tell us what machine you're using, you're not likely going to receive any useful advice.

Sorry - my mind is not in gear today - very looonnnggggg week. I have a G4, Quicksilver Power Mac, twin 1 ghz processors. Only thing I had done that might even have a chance of interferring with it was I downloaded a trial version of Filemaker to see how it worked before thinking about investing that much money. When I turned the computer back on part of it disappeared also so I uninstalled the rest. Only change I had made to the computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.