Purchasing Apple Display really worth it?

G

gitboxnat

Hi there,

Initially I wanted to get an Apple Studio 17" Display, but after reading a lot of negative reviews on it (especially on Apple.com Forums) I am kind of doubting I shoudl get it. A lot of the mac users on Apple.com were complaining about dimness, dead pixels, etc. There were lots of complaints, and the 20" also had complains just not as much as 17" Another problem is that Apple Displays cost SO MUCH! So, I want to be sure that purchasing an Apple Display is really worth it, or else I'll be so mad if it doesn't work.

What do you guys think? I'll like to hear from you.
Any feedback would be awesome.

OP
W

Wapa18

gitboxnat said:
Hi there,

Initially I wanted to get an Apple Studio 17" Display, but after reading a lot of negative reviews on it (especially on Apple.com Forums) I am kind of doubting I shoudl get it. A lot of the mac users on Apple.com were complaining about dimness, dead pixels, etc. There were lots of complaints, and the 20" also had complains just not as much as 17" Another problem is that Apple Displays cost SO MUCH! So, I want to be sure that purchasing an Apple Display is really worth it, or else I'll be so mad if it doesn't work.

What do you guys think? I'll like to hear from you.
Any feedback would be awesome.

i have the Apple 17" display. it works great, perfectly bright. i did have one problem with it when i got it, though. one of the backlighting lamps went out, so about a third of the screen was kind of dim, but it happened like 2 weeks after i got the thing, so it was still under the 90 day warranty. i just went to a local Apple reseller, and they shipped it to Apple for repairs. i got it back 4 days later, and it has worked absolutely perfectly since then. i'm pretty sure my problem was pretty rare, though. i have a few friends who have the same display, and they have never had any problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.