• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Those considering picking up a PS3..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PBook G4 1.67/1.5GB
The PS3 is quickly becoming the most overhyped and underdeveloped piece of hardware in recent history. Sony always seems to be downgrading their processors, BD-drives or can't keep up with production forecasts.

It'll be really interesting to see how gamerfanboys receive the PS3 at launch, tho I'm sure there'll be a massive shortage through March or so, like with the PS2.

I'll be in line for a Wii.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I'll do the same thing I did with the PS2. I'll wait 2 or 3 years for it to be way cheaper. I'm not a huge gamer, but I do enjoy some of the RPG's that they have. I just wish I could play Nocturne and DDS on my Mac. That would be freakin' awesome! :mac:

--lifeafter2am

OP
Mattlike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
slyseeker said:
The PS3 is quickly becoming the most overhyped and underdeveloped piece of hardware in recent history. Sony always seems to be downgrading their processors, BD-drives or can't keep up with production forecasts.

It'll be really interesting to see how gamerfanboys receive the PS3 at launch, tho I'm sure there'll be a massive shortage through March or so, like with the PS2.

I'll be in line for a Wii.

The other bit of news I heard the other day was that they will not even be including an HDMI cable. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
And now they've announced a delayed launch for all PAL territories (ie. Europe and Australia!! - and some other places). Doesn't worry me that much, I'm saving for a Mac Pro :) or possibly the 24" iMac, whee!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.