Extra initialisation command

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
I'm trying to get my mobile to connect to the net via a bluetooth connection. I've phoned o2 up and we went through all the setting. I didn't confess that I was on a mac cos when I did last time they told me they couldn't help me as they didn't support mac.

I thought that it was all going well, he was saying you need this to be this and so on and I was coping. But when he said extra initialisation command, I was lost.

Does any one know where I can enter an extra initialisation command into my mac?

Is there an mac alternative for this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
How about telling us your phone model, the version of OS X you're running etc.

That way someone might be able to help you more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Actually, getting bluetooth GPRS is the same for pretty much all phones and clients. The command you'll be needing is probably this:

*99***1#

where the 1 represents the first GPRS profile. If you want to use the second, use *99***2#, and so on. This is the telephone number you need to dial to get the connection to occur. I haven't got my mac with me, so I'll check when I get it, but I'm sure that's all I needed to get online with my O2 GPRS connection.

OP
hojkoff_101
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.1
cazabam said:
Actually, getting bluetooth GPRS is the same for pretty much all phones and clients. The command you'll be needing is probably this:

*99***1#

where the 1 represents the first GPRS profile. If you want to use the second, use *99***2#, and so on. This is the telephone number you need to dial to get the connection to occur. I haven't got my mac with me, so I'll check when I get it, but I'm sure that's all I needed to get online with my O2 GPRS connection.

Oh so you can get it working with o2? What phone are you using. I'm on a Sony Ericsson K800i. I think I'm more haveing troble with the phone but I'm not sure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.