• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Auto clicker available?

M

Mac-Man

i was wondering if anyone knows of or could make a simple aplication that clicks the mouse automatically at certain time intervals. iv found heaps on the net but all are for windows :eek:neye:

any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Why? The only reason for that I can think of is for click fraud...

OP
M

Mac-Man

sorry for not explaining
its for a internet game so that i dont disconect if i wont to go do somthing :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
haha not just click fraud, you can use it for good uses, like if you are required to be online for so long for one of your classes to read stuff over :) but I used my pc cause i couldn't find anything for a mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
which is almost certainly a violation of your schools honor code/cheating policy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
trpnmonkey41 said:
which is almost certainly a violation of your schools honor code/cheating policy
aka "click cheating" or "click fraud"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
i had only heard of click fraud in terms of cheating ad revenue services but yea its the same

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You could make a fairly simple AppleScript:

tell application "System Events"
delay 1
tell process "Safari"
click at {841, 155}
end tell
end tell

Set the delay and coordinates to whatever you want and add a repeat function in there somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Intel Dual Core 13" Macbook, 2gb RAM, 80GB HD, Smartdisk, etc.; 30gb iPod Video
Mac-Man said:
its for a internet game so that i dont disconect if i wont to go do somthing :)

Using "macros" outside of the provided game's available scripts usually violate the game's EULA. For example, my friend's account was banned from a game for using a macro program to move his pointer to a skill icon, click it, target something, click it, move one space, and repeat. I would be leery in whatever you're doing.

"Macro Magic" works well for this, however, I don't know if there is a Mac port available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.