EyeTV 250 help

C

CP3

Well I am getting a mini in a few weeks and want to get an eyetv 250. I have a Direct tv reciever with a bnch of outputs and am going to get a long coax cable to run upstairs to my room. Will I need the remote to change channels or could I use the mini itself? Help and advice appreciated thanks,Dan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You need to use the remote for your directv receiver

OP
C

CP3

Well i want to be able to still watch tv on the downstairs tv so could I get a second remote and program it to the reciever also I think I need some IR thing I have heard ago because its pretty far and on a second floor what are they and where can I get one.

Thanks a lot for the help BTW!

OP
C

CP3

Its really not that far,do you think this would work? Cause I have no tv except for a small one with an antenna and I really like the idea of recording like a dvr and eveything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its not just about distance. The IR blaster plugs into a usb port on your computer and needs to be close enough and have a direct shot at the receiver

OP
C

CP3

Oh that sucks well what about rf transmitter things like ou put it in front of the reciever and it makes the the signal rf from the remote from long distances,would that work,if not is there any other options? Thanks again you are very knowledgeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have any experience with other transmitters, but I just don't see how you are going to be able to get a clean shot from upstairs to downstairs

OP
C

CP3

Cool thanks a lot bud,how exactly does it work? is there like a reciever in a battery you put in the remote or something?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.