Question about Logitech S510 K/M set on Quad Core Mactel

Z

Zepp88

Hi, I'm about to convert to Mac from a linux/windows dual boot setup. I have a question about how well the Logitech S510 Cordless keyboard and mouse set works in OSX Tiger. Will the multimedia keys, the mouse right click and the horizontal scroll work properly as they do in windows (it works in linux too, just with external programs and setup) This will be my only consideration when buying my Mac, whether to purchase the Apple keyboard and mouse with it.

Also, even though this isn't the right forum, buy why make two posts?

Does anybody think there will be hope that Bethesda Softworks will start publishing their titles for the Mac? Namely their Elder Scrolls series?

Thanks for any help

Zepp88

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
The apple keyboard and mouse come with it unless you buy a mini. If you buy a mini, what you have now will work, The only thing I am not 100% sure about is the mulitmedia buttons, but the mouse will work just like it does in windows.

OP
Z

Zepp88

Yes, I was aware of the wired keyboard and mouse that came with it, I meant the wireless though, I should have been clearer. Thanks for the help though, I'm sure I could find an application to set up the multimedia keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
If the software that comes with it runs on Mac (Most do, except the G15 AFAIK) you're good.

OP
Z

Zepp88

After checking the files on my install disk, and then searching on logitechs website I saw no signs of software support, oh well, I can do without the multimedia keys :mac:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.