Unable To Install Windows XP

N

NyghtSpydr

Hey all, I am new to Mac-Forums, so please be kind.
I recently got a brand spanking new MacBook, and being a PC user all my life, I wanted to try to install Windows on it for my games.

I made sure the MacBook was completely updated with firmware and OS updates before downloading BootCamp Beta.

After downloading it, and installing BootCamp Beta, I attempted to format a partition for Windows to reside on. During the process of formatting the HDD, BootCamp gave me an error that said something like:

"Unable to format Hard Drive, some of your files could not be moved. Please start up your MacBook with the OS X cd and Repair the Disk, then try again."

I tried using Disk Utility to repair the disk, but that has not helped me.

I have done nothing to this HDD except put a few personal documents and some music on it, so I don't see how it is unable to move those files to a resized partition.

Can anybody help me figure out how to install Windows on my MacBook? I have already looked at Apple's support site, with little help.

I would appreciate any help anybody can give me. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Try this if you can:

Back up all of your documents and music to an external hard drive, CD, or DVD. Wipe your hard drive clean from the install disk, and reinstall OS X (using the "Erase and Install" option). Then, after updating software and firmware (though you shouldn't need to update firmware), try installing Boot Camp.

See if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.