View Full Version : anyone ever do it?

08-24-2006, 02:09 AM
So i have a ibook g4 and im looking to upgrade after the christmas season.. i need alot more space, and want to be able to fun boot camp and stuff like that. Did anyone ever finance a product from apple? how does it work. im 14 so i would need to get a job, and i should be able to pay the 50 a month..thanks

08-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Unfortuntly i beleive you need to be over 18 to be accepted for finance. Im 17 and got my macbook on finance by asking my parents (nicely) to take the finance in there name, and then i just setup a transfer from my account to theres so that every month, my wages go into there account to cover the finance agreement :)

The process itsself doesnt take to long either, you place your order and then phone MBNA (the finance people). They do an instant check to decide if your credit is acceptable. If yes they will send forms to you in the post in a couple of days for you to sign and return.

Once this is done, apple are contacted by MBNA and initiate processing your order.

~~ TS ~~

08-25-2006, 05:42 AM
i would suggest doing the math and figuring out the interest rate and exactly how much *EXTRA* you'll be paying by financing.

don't pay the 'man' more money than you have too just because you want something NOW. especially on technology. its worthless once you turn it on.
and mac's have great depreciation compared to PC's

08-25-2006, 07:47 AM
kevin is right, but good news is, apples interest rates are good, i worked it out being that im only paying approx 240 more for it to be on finance then to pay up front,

~~ TS ~~

08-25-2006, 10:48 AM
That's a lot you should set up finance with your parents and have them act as your bank. Also, make sure you negotate on price. I called and complaied about how long it was taking for them to get my macBook ready so they took $100 off my order after selling the iPod and printer ill get the 2gz white book with an 80gb hd for about US$1k