Burning DVDs on XP

Reaction score
i am using parallels. when i am on XP and try to burn a dvd it doesn't recognize my dvd burner. it says i can only burn an image file. can anyone help me with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I guess you could burn an image file in windows to your computer then burn it though osx. I don't have parallels so I can't help you fix the problem, only offer a work around.

OP
L
Reaction score
so you're saying i can transfer files from xp to osx? if thats the case i dont even have to burn anything. i just was burning a iso of movies i have on xp so i can use them on osx. if its possible to transfer files can ya tell me how? appreciate it

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What program are you using in Windows XP to burn with? Does the drive work otherwise in XP? Just the Burning App does not recognize it?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Strange Nero will not pick up that Superdrive. I was going to recomend Nero.

OP
L
Reaction score
yea. Nero is the only xp burning rom im familiar with. is there a way to transfer files to osx from xp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, just install the parallel tools for Windows, and your mac folders will show right up on the desktop.

Select to install them from the VM menu and make sure you enable a folder to share by selecting the virtual machine, click edit and set a shared folder. (I just set my home folder).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.