Help??

T

TahirKhan89

ahoy ppl! before i even start im gonna say sorry if these are really dump/silly questions but we all have to start somewhere!! :p

I've been using windows know all my life and after watching WWDC 2006, the time is riht to move to windows! Espically when the new opperating system is comming out...beats vista by miles!

I just wanted to know as i will be still using windows if i create a microsoft word file in windows will i be able to edit it in apple and vice versa?? silly question i knw!

Also i know its agianst the law and stuff but hey! How easy is it to find torrents, games and software for mac, is there a site which i will be able to find this all on? Last question before you fall asleep! Are there alot of sercruity features in apple and if so if downloding programmes and music a waste of time??

Thanks ppl!!! :):)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Number one, we will not help you do anything illegal here. Read the rules.

MS Office has a Mac version too.

(typing coherently wont kill you)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From the rules:

Illegal Activity: Mac-Forums.com recognizes that this is an international community and as such it is your responsibility to determine what is legal in your jurisdiction with regard to any topic discussed here.

However, in general, we choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
In answer to your first question, the answer is yes. You can either purchase MS Office, or download NeoOffice or OpenOffice.org and use those.

Your second question is specifically forbidden in the forum rules. If you search the forums, you should find the answers to your questions, but asking about how to illegally download software is a short trip to a temporary ban :(

Don't let that put you off though! Read the forums, search for answers, ask if you are stuck and generally contribute. There is usually a way to achieve your goal without going the Windows route of just pirating everything, and I'm sure people will be happy to help if you ask them nicely :)

OP
T

TahirKhan89

hey sorry...i did say i was all new to this?!

I knw MS Office has a mac version to however if i create a document on the mac version....can i open/edit it on the windows version??

sorry again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, you can edit cross-platform.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
macdillon said:
Number one, we will not help you do anything illegal here. Read the rules.

MS Office has a Mac version too.

(typing coherently wont kill you)
I didn't see anywhere in his post that mentioned he was planning on anything illegal. ;)
There are plenty of royalty free music and free games that can be downloaded using torrents.
:black:

OP
T

TahirKhan89

oo spill the beans then D3v1L8OY...where can these torrents be found!?

also...how are the security features on apple? are they like windows....everywhere you turn this all an error message poping up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
macdillon said:
Sounds illegal to me.
DOH.... didn't catch that part. :black:
Yeah, if you are looking to download copyrighted material then you are in the wrong place.
:)

OP
T

TahirKhan89

alright alright....maybe i was wrong!!!

but hey no one has spoken about the security features on apple????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Well, your question about security seemed to be geared around how easy it would be to get ripped off stuff to work, so I figured that the previous answers covered it. What else are you after?

OP
T

TahirKhan89

hmm good point...never thought of it like that :S

i think thats it...thanks ppl!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Just a suggestion, but please, PLEASE change your avatar. It's annoying the heck out of me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.