Loading programs

Reaction score
I'm trying to install Firefox. Everytime I download it I can run it but when I take it off my desktop it can no longer be run. What am I not doing correctly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you need to drag the firefox icon onto you hard drive, preferably into your applications folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch
Yeah, i reckon you're running it from the disk image (.dmg)

Reaction score
You downloaded the file. You ran it. After deleting it, how do you expect it to run?

You probably got that white little box with a firefox logo on it lying on your Desktop. That's a DMG Disk Image. It's like a suitcase carrying stuff. You probably dragged the Icon of Firefox from it to your Desktop. Instead, drag it to your Applications folder in the finder.

Also see: http://www.kamu.ch/switch/index.php?page=art&artid=4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the problem is that you never installed it, and you did what yogi stated, downloaded it, ran it, and then deleted it.

as suggested, drag the file out of the disk image and drop it in your applications folder. you just learned how to install the majority of programs for os x
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.