• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Has Steve Jobs lost his magic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
I read the article earlier and I don't really agree. Yes, Jobs didn't seem to be as charismatic as some previous keynotes, but I think it's mostly due to people's perceptions. WWDC was way overhyped, with rumors of iphones, ipods, meroms in macbooks, macbook pros, imacs, virtualization, pvr, etc. I think people had unrealistic expectations of a conference for developers. They don't care about iPods and iMacs. I read an article on Macworld that I really agree with. All anyone should have expected yesterday was the MacPro, Xserve, and Leopard. That's what we got and we'll have to wait for a more appropriate venue to see new consumer-oriented products.

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/editors/2006/08/tradeshows/index.php?lsrc=mwrss

Reaction score
Now that Apple's products are actually worth buying, he doesn't really need to try as hard.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would not quite put it that way, but I will say this, The Mac Pro could sell itself to me without a word from Jobs OR Schiller.

Also I could care if they introduced an iPhone or not. I wanted to see the Mac Pro and that I saw and am very impressed with it and the new Intel CPU's.

He did not seem quite himself though I will admit. Hope he is ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I saw the keynote this morning and i agree, it wasn't like the previous ones, but that happens, whether he is ill, under too much stress, or anything else he is as human as the rest of us, and i'm pretty sure we all had more than one bad day.
However i do believe it was a good idea to have more people in the spotlight. In this keynote the role of software and hardware developers was praised several times, more than in previous keynotes. The "other" guys may not be as charismatics as Steve Jobs, but they did a great job. As dohidied said, this one was for the developers and any other product would have changed that. This presentation was for Leopard and the Mac Pro, anything else will have to wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
He sounded sick. Don't worry about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
I was going to comment on the weight. He looks far skinnier then he looked last year.

Not as energetic, I hope he's OK...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
steve is still the man. dont let anyone tell you different. very smart guy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.