• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

mac or pc?

Reaction score
i cant decide on what i want to get, so i was wondering if anyone can help at all with my decision. im thinking of eather getting an imac g5 or have my friends brother make me a pc. i know this is a mac forum but i figured it would help me somewhat decide on what to get. so basicly i will be using this computer for the internet and some video editing and maby playing games, so my dilema is do i go for the mac or the pc,because for a little less money the pc i would get will probably have more memory and run faster then the mac so i cant decide?any help is much appretiated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the choice is completely up to you.

few factors to take into account:
they can both do the same things (to some regards, i will cover this later)
will both video edit, email, surf internet
pc will play games easier
mac will most likely have to run games in bootcamp, depending on the game. to figure out more about gaming use the search function

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
that is like asking vanilla or chocolate. Its all up to what you like!

Reaction score
yep, pc or mac? thats up to you. you ask that question on a pc forum and everyone will tell you thats macs suck or that they're a lot straighter than me!. ask on a mac forum and we're going to tell you that macs rule. my personal preference after 8+ years of using pc's is mac.

OP
T
Reaction score
i figured it would be that way but i cant make a decision haha. ok so lets try this what are the aspects of a mac that u think make it better then a pc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am going to assume that by "PC" you mean Windows. :black:
I don't think Mac is better than Windows any more than I think Windows is better than Mac. They are both computers. They both do more or less the same things. The only real difference is how those things are done within the confines of each OS.
That being said, use the OS that you feel most comfortable with.
It is just a matter of personal preference. I have used Macs for 20 years. I have used Windows for just over 10 years.
I am simply more comfortable using Macs because I have been using them longer.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Well nobody said that mac was better then pc or pc was better then mac, its a personal prefferene, but some things that I like better are:

1.I video edit and I like the professional apps alot, I use final cut pro, motion, shake, soundtrack pro, and occasionally dvd studio pro and once in blue moon will use livetype if needed.
2. When I want to use the computer for regular personal use (when I use my powerbook as opposed to my powermac) I like to know that it will just work, and I will not have any issues with it.
3. Macs don't get viruses, this is not saying they can't, it is just saying its harder to write one for mac, one might exist in the future, but I don't think they will ever be as abundant as windows viruses. We have had a few virus scares that were completely harmless after the media made it seam alot worse then they were (they actually required a password to install it, so you had to install it yourself).
4. Apple support is very good (in my experience) and if you are having a problem call them up or bring it back to the store and they will fix it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.