• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Introducing Vista 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Haha. I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
confused, what does it really say?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
ohhh lol.. that is a really low blow to windows.. but really really funny

edit: speaking of wwdc.. tomorrow!!! day is as follows: blood test, bose store, apple store, best buy, watching keynote, painting my basement.. home depot... watching the keynote again, then watching the product releases again, and then watching the os 10.5 preview again, then sleep.. what a day I have ahead of me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB
Ah good one Apple. They did this at WWDC a year or two ago only when Vista was still called Longhorn.

Reaction score
oh....ok microsoft is making vista and apple is already making the second version trying to say that they are already past them. lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
well I believe they are trying to imply that microsoft is going to try and copy leopard.

Reaction score
MacMania55 said:
well I believe they are trying to imply that microsoft is going to try and copy leopard.

nope they are tryiung to imply that vista STILL isnt out so, they already cme otu with vista 2.0 (before msoft could even comeout with vista 1.0 lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
and that they are going to copy many leopard features. They have done it many times before, so you know they'll do it again.

Reaction score
Ghostshadow said:
and that they are going to copy many leopard features. They have done it many times before, so you know they'll do it again.

thats why they are trying to keep quiet... good thing apple is VERY good at keeping secrets... I like the surprises the have :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I liked the sign that said:

"Redmond has a cat too, a copycat..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
taseal said:
nope they are tryiung to imply that vista STILL isnt out so, they already cme otu with vista 2.0 (before msoft could even comeout with vista 1.0 lol)

Since Vista is slated to come out in January, and Leopard in the spring, that doesn't quite follow. I'm thinking they just meant (as others have said) that Leopard will be, feature-wise, a generation past Vista.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is rumor that MS will likely slip the Vista ship date to the Summer. even MS employees are blogging that they won't make the January release date...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
baggss said:
There is rumor that MS will likely slip the Vista ship date to the Summer. even MS employees are blogging that they won't make the January release date...

Hmmm...wasn't aware of that. The "official" line is that they are still on track for RTM at the end of October and shipment dates in November for the business editions and January for the consumer editions. I guess we'll see. I'll probably hit one of the official release events that MS gives because they are usually free and they give away lots of nice goodies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Am I the only one who finds these banners almost pathetic?

It's like Apple has "short-man-syndrome" and is trying to insult Windows, even though they get crushed in market-share.

Just keep making great hardware and software and don't compare yourself to Windows at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
i think it's funny , apple will allways be the underdog so they have every right to rip on microsoft, cause honestly windows sucks always will ,always have

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well I think in the computer world, the underdog is the better way to go... Im pretty sure so long as apple keeps making these crazy advances they will end up on top, and then they will probably fall apart. Its all cycles.

and we don't need to bash windows :) it works for some people... for most of us here, we don't ever need to use it, however many of us still do have to use it daily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Hmmm...wasn't aware of that. The "official" line is that they are still on track for RTM at the end of October and shipment dates in November for the business editions and January for the consumer editions. I guess we'll see. I'll probably hit one of the official release events that MS gives because they are usually free and they give away lots of nice goodies.

Gates said recently that it is unlikely that we will see Vista even early in the New Year so no way will it be ready for the Christmas period. After the Beta I used before recently switching, I can confirm they have a loooooot of woirk to do!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.