• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How can I take my wife's mp3(pc) and put them on my mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
well, my wife's selling her good ol' notebook PC, so i want to take her whole itunes library and put it on my computer for the time being.

Now, how would I go about doing this?

would a crossover cable work?

what exactly is that?

any help would be greeeattttlly appreciated. thank you.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Many options:

-Burn the files to a data CD or DVD
-Use an external Hard Drive
-Use your iPod as an external hard drive, if you have one.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We'll she does have them all saved on her ipod.. But once I plug that into my mac won't it reformat her ipod to work with my mac??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Matthew_love84 said:
We'll she does have them all saved on her ipod.. But once I plug that into my mac won't it reformat her ipod to work with my mac??

No, OS X can read Windows formatted iPods. You need a program like Senuti to get the songs from the iPod to your Mac though.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23390

What bagss meant though was that you can use your iPod as an external HD and copy her music folder onto it from her PC and then copy it from the iPod onto your Mac

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do I put the misic folder on her ipod?? All this help is greatly appreciated. Also, if I plug her ipod into my computer.. All it will do is open up itunes and display all of her songs??

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, with senuti it doesn't matter if the ipod is "pc formated?" I'd that even exists lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
no, you don't need all that sentuti whatever. Just use the iPod as a hard drive. Basically, drag and drop the iTunes source files into the iPod icon on the PC, turn off auto-update on your mac's itunes, and drop the source files onto the mac. There is a nice step by step guide here: http://www.apple.com/macosx/switch/howto/ipod.html.

there!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.