Question about sleep

T

todd51

Ok, now if my MBP falls asleep with the screen open, will it continue to download stuff and transfer files? I dont' think so but i'd like to know!

Also, if it doesn't continue with that then how do i change it so that it wont' go to sleep?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.16Ghz Core Duo 1GB Ram 80GB
You can change the settings under Energy Saver in System Preferences. As long as the computer doesn't go to sleep then it will continue to do whatever it's doing, but the screen can go to sleep and having things running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
my experience is that no it will not. I assume this also because when the computer sleeps the harddrive shuts off...if the harddirve is off...it cant really..work?

OP
T

todd51

OH! I just remembered I have another quick question!

I got the 80 Gig hard drive for my MBP, but just the installation of all the pre-apps took up nearly 20 gig! is there anything else besides the pre-apps i can uninstall if i don't need them? The pre-apps don't seem too big when i look at them under the applications menu, I dont' know what else woudl be taking up so much room?

Reaction score
todd51 said:
OH! I just remembered I have another quick question!

I got the 80 Gig hard drive for my MBP, but just the installation of all the pre-apps took up nearly 20 gig! is there anything else besides the pre-apps i can uninstall if i don't need them? The pre-apps don't seem too big when i look at them under the applications menu, I dont' know what else woudl be taking up so much room?

Go to /Library/Application Support/

That is where you will find a lot of files necessary for the Apple applications to run. Garage Band files take up like 2GB, if I ever get to where my 100GB is almost full, that'll be the first thing to go.

OP
T

todd51

Hmm...that seemed to not free anything up. I only have 48 Gig left! My music is only 8-9 gig tops!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.