quote system change?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I had an idea, what if when it says "originally posted by" there was a link to that post so you could click on it and jump to that post up the page, or on a previous page of that thread so one could go to the post if they can't find it either to give user reputation to the person, read the rest of the post if the whole post was not quoted, or read the responses directly after the post. Justt an idea, if its something that is hard to do, then don't do it, I was just thinking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i am confused
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
I think you can link to an individual post if you copy the link from here:

Picture 1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes, you can. Some forum software will do this automatically s well. I know that Invision Boards will do it by default, at least the latest version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
baggss said:
Yes, you can. Some forum software will do this automatically s well. I know that Invision Boards will do it by default, at least the latest version.

Correct. Another forum i belong to for a sci fi show uses invision board and has this feature enabled. I find it very useful.

Reaction score
To be a bit mean in here, I find the forum could be overall a bit enhanced altogether. Don't hate me now, I'm just trying to help.

This forum is great (of course), and it's user base is growing and Graphite is expanding his glorious rule all the time (of course). I don't know if there's a technical barrier, but running vBulletin 3.0.6 when 3.60 is the latest version makes little sense to me, unless ther is some thrifty reason.

Of course, mac-forums has no obligation towards anybody, and further vBulletin Updates cost 30 dollars, but we would all welcome it. If money is a problem, I for one can transfer 1$ to a paypal account. And so can 29 others, I think.

I love mac-forums and just want it to get a bit of a fresh face. I always click some ads to give you funds, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
iNet owns mac-forums, thank you for the suggestion of 1$ from everyone, but they are already in the process (or so they have told us) of updating mac-forums slowly but surely. Glad you love mac-forums :biohazard

However, if you are looking to donate money to support mac-forums related things that are not owned or operated by iNet but rather members here. Two members come to mind.
Sarahsboy18 - who is providing hosting for Graphate.com which is the podcast/reputation list/mac-forums temp and more.
Rs2sensen - who created the Mac Buyers Guide.

Both members are very helpful and have generously donated their recourses, time and money, into the external mac-forums world. I think either would be happy to get any monetary help they could get. Though neither have mentioned it, or requested it.

Reaction score
Well I'm not here throwing the dollar bills, but thanks for the info. If I can't help monetarily, I can always contribute in ulterior ways. BTW, when's a new breakdown of the re system coming :) ?

cheers
yogi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Reputation system has been updated now :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
yogi said:
Well I'm not here throwing the dollar bills, but thanks for the info. If I can't help monetarily, I can always contribute in ulterior ways. BTW, when's a new breakdown of the re system coming :) ?

cheers
yogi

the best way to help out our forums it to give great advice all the time to all of our members and do it in the most nice way possible.

you can also help out by participating in polls, writing FAQ's, guides, and contributing other information to help us grow and have a larger knowlege base
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Some of you have made it very clear that you'd like to see the forum software upgraded, trust me, I would also.

Unfortunately, we have no control of the server, that's iNet's responsibility. Mat, their vB guy, has told us he plans on doing the upgrade soon. What is soon? I have no clue, they have alot of properties that need to be upgraded.

Unlike a small personal board, upgrading large, popular boards that are hosted on server farms require a little more testing and planning. I trust Mat, I believe it will be soon.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Owning forums seams like a very profitable business, there are alot of adds, mods work for free, and advertisements bring in money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
PowerBookG4 said:
Owning forums seams like a very profitable business, there are alot of adds, mods work for free, and advertisements bring in money.
It depends, some of the forums I have owned in the past have been profitbal but then when you get more active members on at the same time you have to upgrade the server you run it off.

I think the most succesfull ones are probably the ones where they have very cheap hosts, and lots of ads. However they are normally slow and un responsive.

Also most people just ignore adverts :eek:neye:

Anyway love the forum here, very helpfull members, and I recently updated one of my forums to 3.6.0 and its well worth it, the multiquote is very handy :yinyang:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
there are advertisements on mac-forums???
-chris

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Top and bottom of every page... and if you are not logged in as a member, then there are advertisements in the form of those word ones where if i were to type powerbook or desk or internet, or anything pretty much that you pay for the site will automatically make it a link to a site where you can get that service or product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Graph was banned?! O_O

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.