PDA

View Full Version : MTV's "Pimp My Ride" + MBP, iPod, etc.

Katie
07-27-2006, 11:45 PM
on tonight's episode of MTV's "Pimp My Ride", it featured a girl with a terrible Toyota Celica. that's not the point, however! she stated at the beginning of the show that she spent all of her time and money into her car and didn't own or ever use a computer, cellphone, etc. when MTV "pimped her ride", they gave her an MBP, some kind of iPod and a Blackberry (I think)! lucky girl! just thought I'd share. :)

PowerBookG4
07-27-2006, 11:52 PM
that is actually a good show.

baggss
07-28-2006, 12:10 AM
A friend of my daughters has been selected for the next season of this show..

PowerBookG4
07-28-2006, 12:11 AM
shes lucky.. they do amazing work.

iBeldar
07-28-2006, 12:49 AM
A friend of my daughters has been selected for the next season of this show..

Lucky. Maybe I should try to get my truck on there.

dohidied
07-28-2006, 02:41 AM
shes lucky.. they do amazing work.

Have they changed since the first season? The last time I watched the show they did amazingly shoddy work with a bunch of bondo.

Paralex
07-28-2006, 02:49 AM
MTV, Pimp my old PC! (not like it's possible)

The Applenator
07-28-2006, 09:42 AM
that is actually a good show.
You're kidding? right?

That has got to be the worst show on the planet, I do admit watching it a couple of times, but c',mon, the work they do on these cars are outright "hideous".

Why would I want a fish tank in my ride or a flat panel tv under my car?
Next thing you know they wil be installing a toilet, with the flushing going out the tailpipe.. lol

If they just made the cars alot more practical like from the show "Overhaulin'", now that is a show!

The only good thing she got out of that deal was the MBP and an IPod. :headphone

surfwax95
07-28-2006, 09:47 AM
I find it incredibly hilarious. Xzibit is pretty much the funniest (unintentionally) man ever.

The work they do is always impressive. However, impressive does not necessarily equal good taste.

If I were to get my ride "pimped", I'd want more engine, chassis, and suspension mods, not just a huge TV in the back. They hardly touch the engine in most of the cars...

rman
07-28-2006, 11:24 AM
You have to keep in mind who the show is catering too. The demographics they are catering to want those items, that the show installs in it vehicles. As for overhaulin, that is a different show and a different demographics.

I watch both shows, and find that the car insurance would definitely be on the cars from pimp ride. But the cars on overhaulin are more practical.

ShillAT
07-28-2006, 01:46 PM
it's...entertaining. most of the time, the mods make absolutely no sense (like tv screens in the bumpers). but, it's entertaining.

also, there are many many more trashy shows on mtv2. Like my super sweet 16. GAWD that's awful.

Matthew_love84
07-28-2006, 02:49 PM
I think the fact that they actually hand out items (such as laptops, phones, etc.) to help with the person's schooling/lifestyle/career is always nice.

iRizzo
07-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Pimp My Ride is f'n stupid. I love how Xzibit tries to take all the credit for the work that goes into the cars when all he does is pick it up and drive it to the shop. The paint schemes they do are hideous. All the bodywork is done with bondo......come on now.

IronMac
07-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I saw that episode. It was a 17in. PB not a MBP, white 4GB Nano and 2TB of external storage. The car was generally obnoxious.

ShillAT
07-29-2006, 10:51 PM
the cars there usually are. Like I said, screens in THE BUMPERS!

Katie
07-29-2006, 11:02 PM
I saw that episode. It was a 17in. PB not a MBP, white 4GB Nano and 2TB of external storage. The car was generally obnoxious.

so, was it an older episode? I thought it was new... and only saw a "coming up next" commercial with the laptop, ipod, cellphone and etc flashing by, so I assumed MBP.

macdillon
07-29-2006, 11:03 PM
HAHA. I watch "My Super Sweet 16" because it makes me feel normal.

Normal is good. Those girls are effing crazy.

snoslicer8
07-29-2006, 11:16 PM
I "pimped" my ride better than these people get...Mac mini in the glovebox, 7" touchscreen in the dash, griffin powermate for volume control, griffin airclick USB for everything else (front row control).

AnatomyOfARyan
07-30-2006, 12:23 AM
I "pimped" my ride better than these people get...Mac mini in the glovebox, 7" touchscreen in the dash, griffin powermate for volume control, griffin airclick USB for everything else (front row control).

id like to see pictures of that! what kind of vehicle is it in anyway?

snoslicer8
07-30-2006, 12:54 AM
It's a 2003 Saturn L200. I actually just finished the install about 2 weeks ago, so I haven't had much time for pictures. I'll try to snap some soon though, macvroom.com is waiting for some pics so they can do a story on it as well. If they get a story up, I'll link it in here.

to_tough_to_die
07-30-2006, 01:43 AM
I think the fact that they actually hand out items (such as laptops, phones, etc.) to help with the person's schooling/lifestyle/career is always nice.

I will admit, while the stuff they do to the cars is generally outrageous, it's nice when they do stuff like buy a guy who likes camping a bunch of camping gear or (like in this case) they get someone who's never actually owned a computer before a top-of-the-line one.

PumpkinLand
07-30-2006, 01:51 AM
I will admit, while the stuff they do to the cars is generally outrageous, it's nice when they do stuff like buy a guy who likes camping a bunch of camping gear or (like in this case) they get someone who's never actually owned a computer before a top-of-the-line one.

True, but one thing I find idiotic on the show is that(In one episode) they put a waterproof plasma tv on the guys roof, and a Mini plasma TV on the front of a ATV they gave the guy.

Although, the work they do is gorgeous.

ShillAT
07-30-2006, 01:56 AM
Well, mtv2 is not known for making quality groundbreaking tv shows. I have to say, though, that yo mama, no matter how awful it is, is still entertaining.

PumpkinLand
07-30-2006, 02:09 AM
Well, mtv2 is not known for making quality groundbreaking tv shows. I have to say, though, that yo mama, no matter how awful it is, is still entertaining.

Yeah! I watched it once and it was entertaining. But I thought MTV stood for Music television, not Show Programs That Have Nothing To Do With Music(SPTHNTDWM).

to_tough_to_die
07-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Yeah! I watched it once and it was entertaining. But I thought MTV stood for Music television, not Show Programs That Have Nothing To Do With Music(SPTHNTDWM).

Reminds me of G4...

ShillAT
07-30-2006, 02:45 AM
man, or date my mom, or room raiders, or next....I mean, MUSIC television.