Turning off the speakers on XP

B

Bryan Jones

Hey everyone. I know that you cant turn off the speakers with bootcamp and Ive tried searching on here and saw that some people had some patches that could turn it off. but the ones i tried didnt work and one of them i found elsewhere turned off my sound completely even on the headphone jack.

I have a new 13 inch white macbook and Im only using xp for a couple audio programs, but its kinda useless for me if I cant listen on my headphones without the speakers playing because I want to use it on planes etc.

Anyway, I wouldnt mind if the speakers in XP never turned on, as long as my headphones jack worked and my mac side of the computer was the same

im leaving for a trip tomorrow, so any info would be great. thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sorry, I think the registry tweak is the only way to fix that at the moment...

OP
B

Bryan Jones

can someone tell me how to do that? the registry tweak? i just tried some patches i found on here but they were for macbook pro or like the 17 inch one or something. i have the white 13 inch macbook so if there is anyway to do it please let me know because i might have done it wrong the first time

OP
B

Bryan Jones

can anybody help me with the registry tweak? would be much appreciated...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sorry, I haven't tried it, and as far as I can tell, no-one has been able to get it working properly yet...

I suppose we'll have to wait for apple to officially release a bootcamp update to fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
Well.. it's a bit late,

There are some drivers available for the macbook pro that were used back in the XoM days. This driver allows you to listen to sounds through your headphones at the expensive of never having sound played through your speakers in windows... (until you roll back the driver or something...)

http://wiki.onmac.net/index.php/Users/Drivers

As an alternative, I purchased a $30 usb audio device. This allows me to switch the default sound device when I want to listen through my headphones... and then simply unplugging the device when I want sound blasting through the speakers. :D

Cheers :D

Bryan Jones said:
Hey everyone. I know that you cant turn off the speakers with bootcamp and Ive tried searching on here and saw that some people had some patches that could turn it off. but the ones i tried didnt work and one of them i found elsewhere turned off my sound completely even on the headphone jack.

I have a new 13 inch white macbook and Im only using xp for a couple audio programs, but its kinda useless for me if I cant listen on my headphones without the speakers playing because I want to use it on planes etc.

Anyway, I wouldnt mind if the speakers in XP never turned on, as long as my headphones jack worked and my mac side of the computer was the same

im leaving for a trip tomorrow, so any info would be great. thanks in advance

OP
M

menace3054

does the speaker icon in the taskbar not work? that explains why battlefield is always so dang loud

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.