Battlefield 2 - Solution to Choppy Sound

K

killjoi

Some Bootcamp users are having the same issue I had with BF 2 upon install -- choppy, scratchy sound during play. You can solve this by turning off hardware acceleration under control panel > sound. Should be under audio or hardware tab. Just move the slider all the way to the left. In Battlefield 2, you can enable hardware acceleration (not sure if it actually does anything yet), and the sound problem will be resolved.

*chances of any Battlefield 2 players reading this = .01%*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
I play BF2. Just not on a mac. But I'll go back to this thread once i get my iMac.

Reaction score
Some Bootcamp users are having the same issue I had with BF 2 upon install -- choppy, scratchy sound during play. You can solve this by turning off hardware acceleration under control panel > sound. Should be under audio or hardware tab. Just move the slider all the way to the left. In Battlefield 2, you can enable hardware acceleration (not sure if it actually does anything yet), and the sound problem will be resolved.

*chances of any Battlefield 2 players reading this = .01%*

This is exactly what I needed to solve the Battlefield 2 Sound stutter running on iMac with Boot Camp beta 1.4.

Thanks for your help, I registered just to say thanks. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.