• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Another reason why Macs rock:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Yesterday I received Stargate SG1 Season 2 Volume 2 from Netflix and pop it into my XP desktop so I could watch it with that computer and surf and stuff on my MacBook. So I fire up Asus DVD 2000 that has always worked in the past and I get some error that I did not write down. Well that sucks, but I have other ways to play a disk so I fired up Windows Media Player and got an error saying there was a problem with the copy protection and the disk could not play.

What? Problem with the copy protection? This was a legit disk, and I was just trying to play it, why would there be a problem?

So I say, “screw it” and pop it into my MacBook, and guess what! That’s right, fired up first try and played through no problem.

I love my MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Some copy protection schemes will keep DVDs from playing on non-standard DVD players like your computer. Fortunately for us, many of them don't put Mac compatible protection on the discs so they work fine for us.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.