• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MSN Messenger on MBP

Reaction score
I think i've just downloaded MSN Messenger onto my MBP - there's an .exe file on my desktop called Install_Messenger_nous.exe but when i double click on it it says 'There is no default application specified to open the document "Install_Messenger_nous.exe". Have i done something wrong or does anyone know which application i should choose to run it on? Or is there a seperate version of MSN Messenger designed for Macs?

Any help will be appreciated.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you, it's working fine now. I don't suppose you could help me with something else please? - i have office:mac 2004 but need to remove the test drive version before i can install it. However when i go into 'Office Test Drive' in Applications and run 'Remove Office' it doesnt bring up anything to remove. Is it as simple as moving all the apps to trash or is there a way of completely deleting them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
This should help you out
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...a150-66db5638dcb6&DisplayLang=en#Instructions
To remove the Office 2004 for Mac Test Drive

1. Quit any programs that are running.
2. On your hard disk, open the Microsoft Office 2004 folder that contains the Test Drive.
3. If you saved any documents in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, move them to another location.
4. In the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, double-click Remove Office.
5. Click Continue.
6. In the Results window, click Microsoft Office 2004 (including Test Drive), and then click Continue to move that folder to the Trash. Follow the instructions on the screen.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks Noxian - the weird thing is that once i've double clicked remove Office and clicked Continue, nothing appears in the Results window. So when i click continue it tells me that i've not chosen to remove any Microsoft Office items. Any idea why this is or what this means?! Does this mean there is nothing to remove and i can go ahead with installing Office:mac anyway?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.