PDA

View Full Version : Cannot access some websites

reece
07-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Hello

I am having trouble with some internet sites. I get an error message, "unable to connect," "problem loading page," etc. It has happened on many sites but the most recent are

hydrogenaudio.org

real.com (I can access it but when I try to download the free real player I get the "problem.")

homelinux.net

airamericaradio.com

and the firefox extension site, videodownloader.net.

There are others but these are the ones I wrote down. It happens with Firefox and Safari. I've searched but I cannot find the answer. Thanks for any help.

dtravis7
07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Just tried them all here and all work everytime. Using Safari in OSX Tiger 10.4.7. Which Mac are you using and which version of OSX? It sounds like it might be something to do with your internet connection. I had no problems with any of those sites at all.

Do most other sites go in without problems?

reece
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Just tried them all here and all work everytime. Using Safari in OSX Tiger 10.4.7. Which Mac are you using and which version of OSX? It sounds like it might be something to do with your internet connection. I had no problems with any of those sites at all.

Do most other sites go in without problems?

Thanks for replying.

I have an 17" imac, 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM. I'm running OSX Tiger 10.4.7, Firefox 1.5.0.4, Safari 2.0.4

Most sites give me no problem at all.