Sad commentary-need more switchers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I had occassion recently to image some old photos of co-workers for a scrapbook for one who is retiring. I used them in Comic Life to put together a comic book for all of them to share and published it to the web.

Out of seven co workers who had home PC's, only one could view the web site - all the others had "sick" PC's. These are your everyday, Walmart shopping type people - the kind who buy a product and expect it to work as advertised. The kind who do other things in life besides mess around with a computer all the time - you know, normal, everyday people.

It's really sad what Microsoft Windows has done for these folks' education into the world of computers. I wonder how someone like Bill Gates, who apparently cares deeply about helping people, could allow his wonderful creation to be so easily stymied by bugs & viruses so that everyday, ordinary people are denied any benefit from it and their PC with Windows on it ends up in a corner as money wasted.

It's sad - they should all be given free Mac's with OS X courtesy of Microsoft & Gates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
farmcock said:
I had occassion recently to image some old photos of co-workers for a scrapbook for one who is retiring. I used them in Comic Life to put together a comic book for all of them to share and published it to the web.

Out of seven co workers who had home PC's, only one could view the web site - all the others had "sick" PC's. These are your everyday, Walmart shopping type people - the kind who buy a product and expect it to work as advertised. The kind who do other things in life besides mess around with a computer all the time - you know, normal, everyday people.

It's really sad what Microsoft Windows has done for these folks' education into the world of computers. I wonder how someone like Bill Gates, who apparently cares deeply about helping people, could allow his wonderful creation to be so easily stymied by bugs & viruses so that everyday, ordinary people are denied any benefit from it and their PC with Windows on it ends up in a corner as money wasted.

It's sad - they should all be given free Mac's with OS X courtesy of Microsoft & Gates.

Although I firmly beleive that Microsoft needs to tighten security and test programs before sending them out I also firmly beleive that computers users should use common sense. The "normal, everyday people" that you mention more often than not will click on every email attachment, go to every spyware infested web site and download P2P software. Then when the computer doesn't work correctly will blame the computer manufacturer, microsoft and everyone else, but themselves. Don't get me wrong, Windows XP and I'm sure Vista has many, many security flaws that microsoft should fix. But users should be careful when browing the internet and especially if they have an "always on" connection like DSL or Cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I had occassion recently to image some old photos of co-workers for a scrapbook for one who is retiring.

What? lol that doesn't make sense to me.

But gates is a good guy. and to stop a flame war we might as well close this thread now. Besides I figure the less people apple has the less likely they will turn into m$ like OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.