Boot Camp! Woo!

R

Rock Hardwell

So I just installed XP and it is working great on my macbook. The only problem I ran into was the keyboard disabling during the drivers installation. I wasn't sure if other people tried this method (I couldn't find it in the search), but as soon as the keyboard became disabled, I hooked up my USB mouse and clicked my way through the rest of the installation. The drivers were installed without any error.

Now everything is working great, including wireless internet. I'm installing Final Fantasy XI right now to see how well it will do.

Just thought I'd let you guys know I had a successful experience with the Boot Camp installation.

Reaction score
Rock Hardwell said:
So I just installed XP and it is working great on my macbook. The only problem I ran into was the keyboard disabling during the drivers installation. I wasn't sure if other people tried this method (I couldn't find it in the search), but as soon as the keyboard became disabled, I hooked up my USB mouse and clicked my way through the rest of the installation. The drivers were installed without any error.

Now everything is working great, including wireless internet. I'm installing Final Fantasy XI right now to see how well it will do.

Just thought I'd let you guys know I had a successful experience with the Boot Camp installation.

I had the same issue but when I plug in my usb mouse it will not work. My usb must not be installed yet either. Any other suggestions?

OP
R

rgivans

gijoe said:
I had the same issue but when I plug in my usb mouse it will not work. My usb must not be installed yet either. Any other suggestions?

Same issue with me. I have seen soooo many threads on other mac forums about this and all I see is people saying "Keep trying it and it will work."

Is that really the only solution we have for us people who cant seem to get anything to work during the install???

I used 20 different XP Pro w/ SP2 discs (Im an IT Tech for a huge financial firm) and all of them will either tell me its not a Windows disc (but it loaded into the installer off the disc in the first place, and this happens right before it asks you to push Enter, F3, or ESC) I have used a disc with out SP2 and it seems to load farther along than the SP2 discs, but it gives some funky error and forces me to quit everytime.

Where are the real answers to this fix??

OP
R

ronald_poi

Since BootCamp is still beta we can expect these problems. The iMacs have some issues installing Windows XP with the Mighty mouse being connected on the rear panel instead the keyboard... go figure!... i think we just have to deal with these things for a while...

OP
R

rgivans

ronald_poi said:
Since BootCamp is still beta we can expect these problems. The iMacs have some issues installing Windows XP with the Mighty mouse being connected on the rear panel instead the keyboard... go figure!... i think we just have to deal with these things for a while...

I just used a Dell XP Pro with SP 1a and it installed perfectly fine. THese are pretty easy to get a hold of for people who are having issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.