iTunes inadequate for CD burning?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Appears to me iTunes is pretty good for organizing my music (about 3,000 tracks). Organizing/editing now done. (I intend to add much more.) However, after burning my first audio CD today....disappointed in capability for that.

About all I do is burn music or data to CD's and generate a list of contents to go with it. Compared with Nero on previous PC, iTunes procedure for creating/burning playlist seems cumbersome. I have seen posts here praising Roxio's Toast. Is that the way to go? Does it work smoothly with iTunes library? Data and word.docs?

Would like to accomplish my compilation and burning jobs easy/fast such as was my experience with previous Nero on PC. May purchase external burner, too, because the one in the machine is annoyingly slow (24x) compared with what I'm used to (48x-52x). Would also appreciate advice on fast external CD burners.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I don't do much CD burning, but I do agree with you.

As for external Burners, Lacie makes good ones, they are reliable in my experience.

zal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BackMac Book 2Ghz Duo-Core, iMac G3(running Os X)
what exactly is so cumbersome?

Reaction score
Hmm... actually I have yet to see something as nice as iTunes when it comes to making CDs. All you do is drag your tracks to a playlist, then click the burn button.

Nero had me hunting all over my hard drive for tracks and then drag them over and check a hundred checkboxes with stuff I don't want to understand in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.